Weekend Update

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I managed to continue Prison Escape throughout the past few weeks, though perfecting collisions is still slowing the project down. At least the touch D-pad works, as seen below. Part of the detections is still bugging up in the output though, so I’m going to isolate parts of the code today to see what I’m doing wrong. In worst-case, I’m prepared to start over and rebuild the game, as well as look into different programs and languages.

thechairDPADgif

Still testing out the hitbox but otherwise touch D-pad is in action!

As of my visual novel, the prologue somewhat needs another rewrite, but it’s more like a shift of chapters. What I have so far actually would make more sense later on in the story (like around chapter 2 or 3). So I decided to push it over and focus on events before it, and make those parts the prologue instead. This is also from looking over everything from the original books I wrote to the more current light novel, and realizing that there is still backstory that needs to be explained before I dump the player into this world.